Kansas City

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Free State Freecon - May 22, 2010 - Lawrence, KS

Just a brief update here. By request I'm posting a few cool shots we took at Planet Comiccon several weeks ago. Also wanted to give everyone a heads up of a con this upcoming weekend in Lawrence, KS (go KU!). Namely, the Free State Freecon (not sure what that name is all about). Go here for deets:

http://www.kcfancon.com/freestate5.html

Also, wrote a funny little bit about the fun to be had at a comic book convention. This is especially eye opening for those that have never attended. But humorous either way. Click here to laugh until you pee. That's a guarantee. From me.

http://www.squidoo.com/top-10-cool-things-about-comic-book-conventions

And now for those pics! (Still kicking myself for not taking a picture of Lou Ferrigno...)


Lou was just to the left of the Hulk. This statue stood 10 feet tall. That's a mile to you and me, Rus.

I tried to incite a gang war with some neighboring Jedi cosplay dudes. No dice. :(

Supergirl...nice. Gave me a total smurf-on.

So that's that. Very much looking forward to the Lawrence comic con this weekend. More content coming afterwards. Peace and chicken grease!

2 comments:

  1. Kansas is called "Free State" because before slavery was abolished Missouri was a slave state and Kansas free. Many bloody battles ensued because of this. Check out some history on John Brown(yay!) and William Quantrill(boo!). This year PBS made a great documentary about the Border Wars. The hatred between the two states goes back centuries.

    Speaking of Free State, Casey and yourself need to go try a few brews at Free State Brewery. They have some tasty micros.

    I can't believe you didn't take a picture of Lou Ferrigno. LAME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sigh* I know. Missed my opp.

    Good stuff about the free state history. I'm playing a new video game right now called Red Dead Redemption which is set in cowboy times and reeks of awesomeness! I even watched a bit of History Channel last night. :)

    ReplyDelete