Kansas City

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby steps are difficult...damn babies.

Creating something out of nothing seems like such a daunting task. Where to begin? I suppose...just start. Do something. Figure it out. Take the first step.

Dave Ramsey has his baby steps. (http://www.daveramsey.com/new/baby-steps/) Even Confuscious was a fan. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's just that the first step seems to be the most difficult one. At this point I'm still trying to decide where to plant my foot and avoid stepping in a pile of poo in the process.

Okay, so I know what I don't like. I don't like working for someone else. I don't like not being the master of my own destiny. Money by itself is not making me happy, although I loves me some money. I don't like having limitations. I don't like doing something that is not contributing to the greater good. Oh, and I don't like broccoli. (That was a joke. I thoroughly enjoy steamed broccoli. You're welcome, Mom.)

Based on what I've read up to this point, it seems that the truly happy people are those who follow their passion. I'm always preaching to people to "go with your gut." Suppose I should follow my advice. It's no coincidence these folks tend to be the most successful people as well. If you're doing something you enjoy it won't feel like work. Your creativity and energy as a result will propel you to the top almost without even trying.

So now I need to figure out what makes me happy. Seems like an easy task, right? Oddly enough, it's not...

No comments:

Post a Comment